The Patronus Charm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter RPG Board.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Battle (Carnell)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liza
Liza

Female
Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2007-07-25

First Battle (Carnell) Empty
PostSubject: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 pm

The sun was warm, the sky was blue and cloudless, and it seemed a perfect day. I walked through Hogsmede, grateful that the weather was holding out during the weekend. It was the first time I'd been off the Hogwarts grounds since Lily's death, apart from her funeral, and I was intending on relaxing. The party had loosened me up, and some of my life was beginning to return. Lily was gone, but I was holding onto the belief she would want me to carry on...though I wish I'd leanr that before Draco, and Pansy, and Cormac...and too many others for me to want to remember.

Walking away from the main crowds, I headed towards the Shrieking Shack, desiring some peace from the rabble, some quiet...though it was not what I got. What I got was a badly aimed stunner flying past me, and as I turned around I saw people in Death Eater outfits. They were too badly trained and too young to be real Death Eaters, and yet there were many.

Wandlessly I created a magical shield to hold of the main barrage of attacks, maintaining it with one hand while I draw my wand with the other. My shield was quickly weakening, and so swiftly I pointed my wand at the 'Reaper Call', murmuring "Messor Dico", and the magical tattoo suddenly changed from black to a searing crimson red that would now burn the skin of my followers.

They all the knew the drill, and while I waited I did what all of my followers would be doing before reaching my side. Waving my wand over myself I silently thought "Abyssus Dissimulo", so that my red Hellion summons robe and my mask appeared over my features, and as the outfit appeared, so did the first batch of my Hellions.

As they arrived it was nearly impossible to tell us apart, the only way they knew I was me being that my hood had horns. Pointing my wand at the 'Death Eaters', I let my shield drop and cast a fire spell, a burning blaze cutting off the Death Eaters from escape, and from any interuptions. If it was a fight they wanted, it would be a fight they got...
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:20 pm

The first wave apparated and charged into the fray wands drawn, a crimson curtain of fabric forming an offensive line as spells began a volley through the air and short incantations murmur and the crackling of energies drowned out any natural sound. All of the queen snakes minions were quick to join the frame, aside from one.

Appearing with their head bowed slowly they raised their head, looking around slowly as their brethren charged into the fray. A magical bolt flew past and the figure did not even flinch, and as another came it grabbed the arm of one of their brethren pulling him to their chest as a shield to block another spell. It hit the Hellion square in the chest who let out a small cry before the meatshield was thrown to the floor.

Weaving through their allies it was impossible to distinguish the one hellion from the rest before it found itself where it was heading. Taking a place at the queen snakes side it made a short hiss of incantations off, casting his wand over the several of the Death eaters who found themselves locked in place, and easy targets for the rest of the Hellions. Clenching a fist full of red material they hurled another of his allies stumbling in front of their leader only for them to be hit with a spell and collapse backwards.

“You called, and the dark rook answers.” My dark voice echoed forth from my masked face, looking to her and then back to the swarm of spells and robed figures. “The next move is ours, the question is… where?” I asked, a subtle but deep pleasure at the pure chaos swirling around us. I was trying to determine some strategy for this, most of her pawns disorganised in shambles. We, atleast, needed to know what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:42 pm

I watched the fray with mild disinterest, tossing off a few well placed, non-fatal spells to keep myself entertained as my Hellion's throughly disappointed me. They were untidy, disorganized, I was ashamed they hadn't learnt better. Surely I had taught them about battle? But no matter, my Dark Rook came to me and I smiled maliciously from behind my mask.

"The pawns are out of alignment, the board is covered and yet no win is in sight. Indeed the move is ours and it is time to move forwards. Now you are here, I can order my pieces," I hissed, a snakishness to my manner that was befitting of my nickname. Pointing my wand into the air I shouted, "Messor Videor" and a large scale version of the tattoo shot into the air. Our enermy was mildly surprised, and the pawns fell into neat rows behind me.

Turning to my Rook I smiled sadistically, "Tend to the pawns and do as you will, they will listen," I snarled, and then boldly stepped forwards, spells flying around me as I shouted towards my enermy.

"I was trying to relax, trying to be peaceful, and then you had to go and piss me off! Well you want a fight and you have one, you think I'm such a fucking bad girl, I'll show you bad!" I yelled angrily, fire blazing in my eyes as I charged forwards, punching the nearest Death Eater square in the jaw and sending him flying into his comrades, a pile falling like dominoes. My wand tip never seemed to stop glowing as I wordlessly shot out stunning spells, my free hand like a axe cleaving through my enermies.

While I may have looked like a bull in a china shop, there was method to my madness. I was creating gaps between the Death Eaters, moving like a snake between them and turning them into trembling groups, ready to be taken apart by my army if the Rook commaded.

I was calm in a eeiry sense...until a spell actually came close to hitting me...and then I snapped.
"You fucking assholes!" I screamed, and suddenly my stunning spells became dangerous hexes, not quite lethal, though without treatment they could turn out to be, and with the fire blazing there was the chance of burning to death before treatment could arrive.
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:10 pm

They heeled like dogs to their master, forming up in a way that actually surprised me. I didn’t think they had it in them. A dark laugh escaped my lips as she said they were mine to move, use and abuse. She stepped forwards with fiery words for the enemies, and I gave my silent support, taking a step back just to reinforce her position. It also got me closer to the Hellions, who were now focused but I wanted to make sure that this was not a battle. It would be slaughter. She charged forwards, and I knew she could hold her own for a moment, so with my wand I suddenly spun around and pointed my wand at the closest Hellion, Furnunculus curse passing my lips in a split second.

A female voice shrieked out from behind the mask as she collapsed to her knees. “Fight with everything you have… because what they will do to you is nothing compared to what I will.” I demanded, I could taste their fear as I glanced over my shoulder to check of the snake queens progress. The urgency was apparent, so I made my point brutally clear to get these fools into formation and aiding her. My gloved finger pointed with rapid succession as my tongue rolled with orders. “You two, on her, keep with her. Rest of you, two groups, One moves one casts. You and you, with me.” I ordered, I did not ask for respect but my demeanor and position demanded it. My eyes flicked for less than a second before what could only be described as a spine chilling wail roared from behind my mask, almost supernatural. “What are you standing there for GO!” for a moment, whither I wanted to admit it or not, I sounded like the son of a banshee like the rumors had suggested.

My plan was sound, and even though the execution was flawed it was more than enough for the disrupted and frightened Death eaters. The queen snake slithered among them, and fear was her venom. We had taken a few feet in seconds, and I took my small cadre flanking the opposite side to Liza’s approach. My dead eyes constantly flicked to the queen, and as a spell flew past her I scowled. A mental note embedded itself to find the two Hellions I had assigned to support her and throw them from the highest spire of Hogwarts for their incompetence. “At once, Stupefy!” I said over my shoulder and they simply nodded, either with utter focus or utter dread. The incantation passed my lips and they did the same, laying low three separate targets in one volley. I kept the pace, taking two small steps forward before uttering again and again as we moved cutting through the ranks towards the Liza. One spell came dangerously close to my shoulder, not that I would tell anyone else that after all was said and done…

Unfortunately, the death eaters seemed to have their adrenaline kicking in, so they began to reorganise, with the queen snake still in their midst. I heard a thump over my shoulder... not that it mattered there were plenty more where that pawn came from. No, my real concern was getting the Queen out of threatened squares...
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:07 am

I could see Death Eaters falling, but the spells were non-leathal, and in my mood I was getting agitated at my Hellions' lack of blood lust. Not that it mattered, I was seriously wounding as many as came within my range, perhaps killing some with the force. I could smell the fear behind the Death Eater masks, sense the desperation...

"Avarda Kerdava!" came a shout, and I only just managed to duck in time as the killing curse skimmed over me. That was the last straw, and I lost all pretence of mercy. I was killing them yes, but I had not been malicious in my slaughter. Now I would take no prisoners.

"Use lethal force!" I screamed in a hiss of rage, more than making sure everyone knew my intentions. My eyes glowed red, and I could feel the uncontrolable force that was Odyne building inside of me, making me stronger, making me faster. She did not yet have control, but my rage was still devastation.

Slipping in between them, I could feel them start to press closer, and my fist and wand became a blur of movement as I fought to regain the advantage. I think at some point I managed to stab someone with my wand tip, while similtaniously cursing them, which resulted in a instant fatality.

Whether or not I caused death was of no concern to me. After the battle, no-one would be able to identify who had fought exceot for the dead...it would only be the dead who lost their disguises, but I would live and be blameless. Survival was my only concern, surviving and winning. Once I'd won, it would become obvious myself and my army were a unstoppable force, and no-one would be able to prove we did anything even though they would know. Hell, even if anyone tried to stop us, then we could fight our way out.

Later, once we became stronger and had more to our ranks, then we would make alliences. Werewolves, Giants, we would offer equality. We could do it. But first we had to win, and as I punched and cursed more Death Eaters, I could feel my urge to win spiral out of control...
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 am

I leant heavily to the side; to the point where I almost had to rest my palm against the floor to dodge a concentrated few spells in my direction. Liza’s call was clear, even over the screeching of charms and hexes flying overhead. I ducked behind a felled tree for a moment, snapping up the fallen Hellions wand with my free hand.

I took a brief glance to the red battle line, which had become pinned down because of their sloppy execution. Without a word I made a blistering pace across to the pawns, moving so smoothly it could almost be thought I glided over the obstructions. Most were too busy fighting but a couple felt it fitting to grant me passage. I took a place in the line until there seemed to be a tiny lull, and I exploited it. In two bounds I lunged ahead of the Hellions, and with both wands in hand let out a flurry of hexes and curses, pulling both wands down in a brutal ‘x’ fashion as flames did the same among the death eater’s feet. As the rest of the Hellions clambered forward I charged into the fray, spotting one aiming a curse towards the Snake Queen from behind.

The voice cut short mid incantation and the whimpering of a female could be heard as she eyes going wide as blood stained her black robe. I sneered as I brutally snapped the wands handle, leaving the rest of it entrenched in the side of the Death eater’s neck. In that moment my attention was drawn for a split second too long, as I felt something heavy hit my chest. I flew back with what must have been a log or hefty rock glued to my stomach, hitting the floor hard but not making a sound. Pushing it off of me I rose to my feet and my dead eyes locked on my aggressor, who seemed taken aback. With a flick of my wand the timber flew end first at the fool and impaled him against the mound of earth behind him. I was to all observers a faceless warrior of the hellions, who would not die.

This was why I took part in her masquerade. it was for moments like this. When my ribs screamed, my breaths were shallow and I could feel a weight in chest, I was guessing a punctured lung. Inside my nerves screamed. Outside, I was a Hellion who could rise from blow after blow…

I was mere feet from Liza’s side. As her Rook should be.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:30 am

My Hellions were following my command, but they were sloppy, and I could tell Carnell had entered the fray as the sound level of screams went up. I knew I'd made a good choice when I recruted him as my second in command. A small smile graced my lips at the thought, and I happily impaled a Death Eater on my wand. I noticed after that I'd stabbed the Death Eater through the heart, but shrugged it off as coincidence and booted the Death Eater off my wand so I could return to hexing the hell out of people.

"Who's being ambushed now you bastards!" I screeched, jets of light racing from my wand as wordlessly killed and injured countless numbers of people. The fire was closing in behind the Death Eater ranks, and I could hear them screaming as they started to burn. My hands were covered in blood, my robe soaked a deeper crimson than normal, and I was in a rage state that was bordering on out of control.

Then for a moment there was a lack of sound from behind me, and I turned just in time to see my Rook falling. He rose again to take down his attacker, but that was besides the point. Someone had dared to injure my Rook? To hurt my Carnell? I was outraged. Running over to him I wordlessly send a basic healing charm to at least help some of his wounds, before standing in front of him and beating the hell out of anyone who dared to come near.

"He's mine you motherfucking arseholes!" I yelled angrily, driving back a large portion and rushing forwards after them, blazingly angry they should even be near enough to touch MY Rook. Mine, all mine, and they would pay for being near him at all.

Suddenly, all my anger exploded outwards, my body set ablaze with fire, but strangly not burning myself, and a explosion rocked the battle ground as fire swept out from me, engulfing all the Death Eaters, and possibly some Hellions. My Hellions would survive, the robes were fire resistant because I had guessed this may happen, Odyen having a talent with fire. Still, I couldn't see, as I slipped out of consiousness and fell to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 pm

I was ready to fight until the fluid in my lungs was running down my chin, but I didn’t need to. I was surprised to feel the warmth of a healing charm, and from none other than Liza herself. The scene had taken a turn I hadn’t foreseen, her standing in the way of our adversaries not me. Beneath my crimson disguise I breathed easier, almost with relief from the wounds which for all intents and purposes had never been inflicted. I was not about to let her generosity go unpaid though. I was about to step up and take a place at her side, not behind her when flames radiated out and engulfed the entire scene.

I was thrown back with the pure force, the robe holding up well but not even the supposed fire resistance could take the intensity from where I stood. I had been by the queen in the explosion of her rage. My skin broke and blistered under the crimson cloak, burns forming across my skin. I slid across the dirt thrown a good meter horizontally through the air slamming heavily into another mound. It was actually a good thing, I could have gone a lot further. Large black scorches were upon my robe but the fabric itself was undamaged. The same could not be said for my right arm and the side of my face, but it did not matter. The tendrils of heat licked through the air as I rose to my feet. I walked forward like nothing had happened, the fire biting at my feet and even lashing at my hands. There was a crack beneath my feet as a Death eater mask was crushed beneath my boot. I moved through the roaring flames to Liza’s side, who laid in an untouched circle of pristine earth.

I looked down through my own cracked mask at her, kneeling at her side. Slipping her arm over my shoulders, I lifted her form carefully from the floor, like a precious artefact. My arm was burnt down to the bone, yet still I used it like there was no wound to speak of. I slipped it gently around her lower back, and my good arm around her legs. I walked firm as stone through the burning curtain, choking smoke filling my lungs, yet not a single splutter passed my lips. It was as if I did not breathe, like I did not feel a thing. My visible eye, usually cold and dead glimmered in the darkness. I took her from the view of the Hellions, using the black smoke as cover. Sitting her gently upon the ground, I kept close by her side. I brought my left hand gently to her cheek, the one unscathed by her rage. “Awaken, my queen, your needed still…” I said my voice strangely soft, more like frozen dew rather than the sharp icicle it was usually.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 pm

I was floating in a haze of blackness, and I saw a many faces floating around me. First my brother Luke, spiked red hair and sparkling eyes, a cheeky smile that could cut through the iciest of heart, fair skin that seemed so pure and untainted. Then Odyne, or how she would have been, long cascading red hair like my own, and yet distinctly Bulgarian heavy eyes, dark and intruding, and a smile that was devious and oh so sly, a look so common in my own. Then Lily, with her lush locks and warm smile, I could feel my heart breaking all over again.

"Liza...Liza you can't come with us," the faces murmured, and my heart shattered even more as they confirmed my fears. I reached out but they were beyond my grasp, tried to touch but couldn't feel. "Why?" I asked, and then again more desperate, "Why?!"

“Awaken, my queen, your needed still…” came a voice, one that was familiar but softer than I would have thought possible. I saw a face swimming into view, and tried to shut my eyes so I wouldn't leave my brother and my daughter, and my first love, but I couldn't resist the pull of a soft hand caressing my cheek.

I opened my eyes, hesitantly, and saw a face that was deformed and burned...and filled me with both joy and sorrow. The face I saw was Carnell, one side of him mangled by the blaze of my rage. I was happy to see him so attentive by my side,and yet I was sad, because I knew it was my fault he was so badly injured.

Weakly I raised a hand to his neck, tugging him down a little so I could hold him, seeking comfort from his nearness as light and silent tears began to fall down my face.
"What have I done to you?" I murmured in anguish, before pulling back a little, lifting up my other hand, the one still firmly gripping my unscathed wand.

"I...we can't go to the matron, she'll want to know what happened...and the fire, it was cursed, like a explosive fire fiend...but perhaps...I might be able..." I trailed off, looking into his eyes with something akin to pleading, begging his forgivness, longing for his trust, and wanting to help.

With my wand raised, I murmured all the possible healing incantations I could think of, seeing his skin knit together, ugly burn scars forming but at least healing him to some extent. His wounds healed as much as my incantations could allow them to, when faced with such grievous wounds, leaving nasty scars, but stopping any bleeding.

After I was done, or rather when I had no energy to go on, I slumped forwards into his arms, my head spinning and pounding, feeling drained.
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:03 am

Reluctantly her eyes opened, and I could see the spark of realisation with them, and the shock and pain it brought. She tugged me closer, and I stopped and kept firm where she had pulled me to, dutiful to the last. A gentle, sorrowful murmur passed her lips and I had no answer. For all the burns, I was convinced there was more pain in her voice than anything which sensation stemming from my arm or face. I looked into her eyes as Liza rose her wand, and All I did was give a tiny, silent nod. I could feel her gaze and what it searched for in my own. Forgiveness, trust… and I gave it. Even now I had it with a shade of duty as a loyal soldier, but it was clear to see in the glow of the last dying embers. The glimmer, beyond that of the flame’s reflection, of acceptance.

The tingle of sinews reforming and my skin dancing followed in short spates with every incantation. It was easy to see the toll on her, especially after her previous outburst. Liza’s form slumped forward into my arms as the last of her energy seemed spent, and I gripped her tightly like I was afraid to relinquish her. I adjusted my wand in my grip so it pointed upwards and made an impromptu attempt at her own magic, sending a distorted Reaper’s call up in the air above the dark plumes of smoke. “Get the fuck out of here!” I demanded loudly through the curtain of smoke, followed by the sound of multiple disapparations. I did not have the time to consider it then, but was that a Hellions obidence? Or was that the sound of deserters fleeing without a care for their leader’s fate?

My view turned back down to the Snake queen. I gently ushered out a couple of words, so out of character compared to my normal traits. “Hush… say no more my queen. You’ve done more than enough today…” I said as I looked up through my cracked mask a final time at the scene around us. I heard the muffled sound behind the waning flames of someone else arriving, I was guessing the law trying to catch any stragglers. Just before one breached the concealment of the wall of smoke, I looked at them in the eye with a cold glare, and before they could even comprehend the scene they beheld I gripped Liza close as I apparated us back to the Slytherin common room.

As we appear, I find myself murmuring even though she might not hear…

“Welcome home Liza…”
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:04 pm

I smile a little as I hear him attempt my Reaper Appear charm, the one that makes the Reaper appear in the sky. I was impressed, even if I couldn't see the results from the way I was slumped against his chest. I heard him yelling at the Hellions, hear the pops of them disappearing, and in a woozy dazed state I found it...almost kinda sexy at how Carnell had taken control so easily.

"So commanding," I murmured quietly, too drained to make too much of a noise, and I wasn't sure if he had heard me when he said "Hush… say no more my queen. You’ve done more than enough today…” as he gripped me close.

I could feel the force of Carnell Apparating us to the Slythrin Common room, and I was glad the anti Apparation wards had been down today, so students could return quickly if they needed too. I heard him say welcome home, though it was so quiet I thought perhpas it was my wishful imagination.

I feel somewhat vunerable, being so drained and tired, and that is my excuse for when I grasp onto Carnell more tightly and snuggle closer against his chest, "Don't go," I whimper in a small voice, my grip unrelenting, but not hurting him, rather just making sure he'll stay near me. For some reason beyond my conscious thought...I want him to stay.
Back to top Go down
Carnell

Carnell

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:00 pm

I was still calming down from a battle state of mind as we appeared, and after speaking to Liza my view moved around the room. I hadn’t expected us to be so alone, I was almost prepared to lash out another curse or two to anyone who would be in the vicinity with more than a passing interest in what had happened. Yet here we were. I felt my tension drop, like a realisation the fighting had come to an end. I gently began to ease away from Liza, only to feel her grip on me tighten. I looked to her as she asked I stay, hesitating a moment.

After just a second, I answered like I knew what I was going to say all along. “I won’t leave your side” I said, reassuringly firm but still lacking the sharp point to my words. I let my arms adjust to her new position against me, shifting my weight slightly and keeping her close to me. I told myself it was my duty to stay by her side, but something told me the call of duty ended in the fireball. Yet I stayed, holding her close. I did not know why exactly, perhaps because she needed me. I brought my hand slowly to her face once more, brushing my hand gently over her cheek again this time taking the mask with it and lowering her hood as my touch traced around to the back of her neck. “No one will disturb you” I whispered softly, looking over Liza’s face rather than her mask. My tone held the subtle promise of the fate for anyone to attempt it, my dark demeanour still present amongst it all. But even then my words were soft, and could be mistaken for caring, or at least that would be how I would describe it aloud.

I let her press against my chest, stay as close as she wanted to be. Although I held her I did not hinder her movements, loosening my hold if I felt her attempt to shift. My eyes seemed tireless and vigilant as I kept by her side, as if they would never close. A blink was rare enough to believe that perhaps I did not even do that. In the dinge of the common room, the glimmer of my eye was like the shine of a small moon itself, in the dark depths of the crimson hood and shattered mask. And there was only one person to bear witness to it, and she was in my arms beside me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Battle (Carnell)   First Battle (Carnell) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Battle (Carnell)
Page 1 of 1