The Patronus Charm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter RPG Board.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Late night flying

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Liza
Liza

Female
Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:19 am

It is late at night as I sneak up out of the dungeons with my Firebolt 2007, grinning to myself. I keep to the shadows, wary of Peeves and Filch, and that bloody cat Mrs Norris. I have Athena out with me to distract anyone who may try and catch me, because MY cat is useful.

I edge up to the entrance hall, moving swiftly and silently in my quidditch robes. I'm not actually on the Slytherin team, but I had the robes made anyway, because I enjoy flying. In my opinion only few things can match the feeling.

I mutter an incantation, making some otions with my wand, and the doors open silents. I grin and scurry out, waving my wand and the doors silently behind me. I shove my wand in the robe pocket and mount my broom, kicking off and racing skywards, rocketing through the air.

Now I'm in the air I rush towards the Quidditch pitch, arrowing myself and shooting between the goal hoops.

"Wohoooooo!" I yell into the night, and I can't stop smiling. I do a loop the loop and twirl around the goal hoops. I stand up on the broom, not caring how dangerous it is, and riding the broom like a surf board, swaying and swerving wildly through the air. I crouch for a moemnt and then jump up, kicking the edge of the broom and making it flip. I let myself fall, before grabbing the broom with one hand and swinging it under me so I'm mounted side saddle. I stop holding on and drop, hanging on only with my legs, flying while hanging upside down.

I get a little bored so I swing myself up and ride around, laughing wildly.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:59 pm

As i wander back from the forest, i notice theres someone flying around the quidditch pitch. Im not sure who it is, but i sure didnt want to be seen, so i hurried towards the bushes making sure they didnt see me. Im trying to be so quiet so im not noticed that i dont notice a bump in the ground. I trip over it, grab at the bush in an attept to stay upright, but fail and end up on my knees. "Ouch!" I whisper, hoping whoever is on the pitch hasnt heard me. I glance over to them and see that it is Liza. She looks towards the bush i am hiding behind but then flies off in the other direction so i hope she thought i was an animal of some kind. I continue up towards the castle when suddenly she is in front of me, hovering just above my head on her broom looking down at me with a cheeky grin on her face.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 pm

"Hiya Luna, how are you on this fine Hogwart's night," I say with a cheeky grin, floating down to land just infront of her, still hyper because of my late night broom ride.
"I apologized to Hermione, just so you know,"
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 am

"oh hi Liza! Im ok, just like to take a wander sometimes by myself you know..." I gaze dreamily back to the forest thinking of mum again.

"Hermione? Oh yeah...so....are you friends now?" I mutter, trying to see where her loyalties lie. "I must admit i liked you from the moment i met you, and i usually can tell which people are nice...so i was confused when you turned on hermione....but im not sure....i can tell you're a good person really, but then i dont understand why you said those things....and..." I pause, trying to say what i want to say without insutling her "I heard you say you were a...um...a Fey? Does that mean you're a....a..." I resort to a whisper "a you-know-who follower?" Liza looks at me with a stunned look on her face. I feel bad now. "I...im sorry...i didnt mean to offend you" I try to walk past her back to the castle but she puts her arm out to stop me passing. I look up at her, amazingly she doesnt seen angry.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am

"I'm friends with Hermione now I think, and no I'm not a Voldermort follower. My parents were, most of my family were, but I'm not. Pureblood is no better than half-blood or muggle born. It just took me a while to figure that out," I say with a smile, holding my hand out to her, "Friends?"
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:49 am

"Good..." i say dreamily "I didnt think you were one of them" I take her and agree "Friends!"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:52 am

I get a smirk on my face as she shakes my hand, and I pull her on the back of my broom and take off, "I hope you like flying!" I call through a rush of air as I climb higher.
"Sorry for not asking or anything, but I figured you'll have a better chance of spotting Knargles from up here, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:02 am

I smile at her and she pulls me suddenly up onto her broom. "Dont worry about me, i love flying" I look around, enjoying the view when she mentions nargles, "You know what nargles are?" i ask, stunned. Most people dont believe in what cannot be proved by fact.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:13 am

"How could I not? They've been written about in the Quibbler, just because there's not solid proof, doesn't mean they don't exist does it. Maybe they're hidding from us, we just have to look harder," I say as I do a lap or so of the Quidditch pitch, circling to look for Nargles
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:19 am

A Smile beams accross my face "You read the Quibbler? My dad writes that paper!" I feel excited now "And of course i know what you mean about nargles, ive believed in them my whole life, and thats why i wear this charm around my neck" I show her the charm "It protects me from them"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 am

"No way, your dad writes the Quibbler! I love it, the article on Nargles and how to protect against them is my favorite so far, I'll bet Draco gets attack all the time, he's a pompous arrogant moron," I say excitedly, "And where did you get the charm, I need to get one,"

I fly around the field uptill I see something, not sure what it is. I dive down towards it, flying fast to catch up with it, "Look!"
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:41 am

I laugh "Draco does get attacked by them, sometimes i see him in the halls and theyrs nargles following him! Its quite funny really! And my dad made me this charm, he's always making them, i'll see if i can find another one around the house for you next time i go home!" I then notice what Liza is pointing at. I gasp! "It looks like a nargle, but they normally travel in groups, do you see any more?"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 am

"Maybe it got seperated, should we catch it, or take a picture? We could have the proof Nargles exsist!" I say, chasing down the Nargle and getting close to it. Despite what I said on the train, being a Seeker appeals to me, and I train for it.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:54 am

Excited as i am, i hesitate at her last statement "We can't prove they exist, thats not the point...things like this rely on faith, those who believe in them will do so whether theres proof or not, and those that only believe when theres proof are not true believers" I think for a minute, not wanting to seem too preeching "Lets just watch them play"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:59 am

"Okay, I'd believe even if I hadn't seen them, but I get your point. They do look cute playing though," I say as I fly about over them, watching as they frollic in the Quidditch pitch.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:01 pm

I laugh, glad she understands "They do look wonderful dont they?"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:03 pm

"Yeah, it's lucky we both decided to come out tonight," I say with a smile as we drift bout above them, at a safe distance so as not to startle them.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 pm

"Yeah" i say, remembering why i had been out in the first place. Talking to mum and feeding the thestrals seemed like something solemn that had hapeened to someone else, or in a distant land. It certainly didnt feel like the same me, sat on that tree root, when here i was now soaring around on the back of a broom having so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:19 pm

I fly silently, thinking for a few moments, "Do you think they'll let us get closer?"
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:27 pm

"They shouldnt mind, if we are quiet" I whisper
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

I nod silently, and fly us slowly closer towards the Nargles, not making a sound so we don't scare them.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 pm

I sigh happily "Look at them, theyre so cute, playing like that!"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:45 pm

"Yeah they are, it's hard to think that some people don't believe in them," I say squietly as I watch them.
Back to top Go down
loonyluna

loonyluna

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:49 pm

"Its because some people think that seeing is believing, so if they dont have the proof, they dont believe. Its like Hermione, she believes in cold hard facts, and nothing else, but i dont dislike her for it, in fact, its what makes her so interesting. People can have different beliefs and i respect that, i just wish some people would be more open minded about things like nargles, who affect everyone, not just those who believe in them"
Back to top Go down
Liza
Liza

Female

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm

"Yeah, because sometimes facts can be twisted as well as beliefs, but just because something isn't a fact doesn't mean it isn't there. Like the Nargles,"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Late night flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night flying   Late night flying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late night flying
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Patronus Charm :: Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardary [IC] :: Quidditch Pitch-
Jump to: